This post has a bit of my history and emotions. It can be skipped!
The summary is: Katoob has a new maintainer.
Yes, a long time.
Back in 2002, Gtk 2.x was just released. Efforts were spent porting, rewriting and redesigning parts of GNOME. The aim was GNOME 2.0 and later on 2.x
I was trying to package hunspell-ar for Chinook so I ended up packaging:
* hunspell (libhunspell and its development headers)
* enchant (hunspell and ispell providers but I'll disable ispell soon)
* dictionaries-common and dictionaries-common-dev (hunspell-ar depends on them)
As for dictionaries-common and dictionaries-common-dev, they are different than the Debian ones. Yes I'm using the same source but I'm only providing the bits related to myspell. I didn't include the policy too.
I noticed this because of my work on him-arabic.
If your plugin provides a language other than the 16 "known" languages, It will be displayed as " ()".
Ideally, The fix should be somewhere else but not all of the components are open so even if I can fix it, I won't be able to publish patches or packages.
It seems that the source provided with the SDK is a bit outdated so I had to grab the latest trunk: https://stage.maemo.org/svn/maemo/projects/haf/trunk/hildon-input-metho…
This is my Arabic related TODO list for maemo. It's my personal one not the Nokia employee one :-)
* katoob should be fully functional (I'm learning here). Actually I did more work today and I guess it's fine.
* Package and publish some Arabic fonts (I know there's one provided by the browser team).
* See what can be done regarding input (Low priority. Sorry to say that I don't like the HIM plugin interface).
* Check arabeyes.org apps. Is there anything useful and needs "porting" ?
* glibc/x11 Arabic locale ?
* Any suggestions ?
مسابقة الشيخ على الجابر العلى الصباح العربية للبرامج مفتوحة المصدر
المسابقه تنقسم الى قسم للمطورين و قسم للمستخدمين
مدة المسابقه من 15-1-2007 الى 15-5-2007
وادى عنوان الموقع بتاع المسابقه:
سيقوم المتطوعين المهتمين بالمساهمة فى الويكيبيديا العربية بالاجتماع افتراضيا على شبكة الانترنيت لمدة يوم كامل, حيث سيتم طرح قائمة بالمقالات المراد انشاءها أو استكمالها أو تصحيحها. وسيعمل كل متطوع من بيته ولكن الكل مجتمعين افتراضياً فى غرفة محادثة واحدة (IRC #firstname.lastname@example.org).
So, The wordlist has been growing lately, We hit 250,000 words, I tried hard not to put incorrect words but a lot of incorrect words went in, Manual review doesn't seem right to me, It'll take years!
There's already an Arabic spell checker shipped with Microsoft Office 2003, Why not use it ?
I tried to do it manually but hell, No way!
I tried to discover how can it be coded, Neither VBA nor VC++ helped me, Of course it's me here as I'm not a windows developer at all.
God damn you Islam you are always getting me into this.
Gedit doesn't identify Arabic as a known language thus won't use the aspell Arabic dictionary for it. This patch adds Arabic and Arabic (Egypt).