Coding and hacking
I was trying to package hunspell-ar for Chinook so I ended up packaging:
* hunspell (libhunspell and its development headers)
* enchant (hunspell and ispell providers but I'll disable ispell soon)
* dictionaries-common and dictionaries-common-dev (hunspell-ar depends on them)
As for dictionaries-common and dictionaries-common-dev, they are different than the Debian ones. Yes I'm using the same source but I'm only providing the bits related to myspell. I didn't include the policy too.
I noticed this because of my work on him-arabic.
If your plugin provides a language other than the 16 "known" languages, It will be displayed as " ()".
Ideally, The fix should be somewhere else but not all of the components are open so even if I can fix it, I won't be able to publish patches or packages.
It seems that the source provided with the SDK is a bit outdated so I had to grab the latest trunk: https://stage.maemo.org/svn/maemo/projects/haf/trunk/hildon-input-metho…
This is my Arabic related TODO list for maemo. It's my personal one not the Nokia employee one :-)
* katoob should be fully functional (I'm learning here). Actually I did more work today and I guess it's fine.
* Package and publish some Arabic fonts (I know there's one provided by the browser team).
* See what can be done regarding input (Low priority. Sorry to say that I don't like the HIM plugin interface).
* Check arabeyes.org apps. Is there anything useful and needs "porting" ?
* glibc/x11 Arabic locale ?
* Any suggestions ?
Just because I can't run sa-learn on my 15,000+ messages spam folder. It'll crash due to some hardware problems.
I thought that splitting the mailbox into smaller files will allow me to feed it to sa-learn.
I'm not sure something similar doesn't exist but I wrote mine anyway ;-)
The only problem is it consumes a lot of CPU and RAM, it was killed/crashed multiple times but it worked and allowed me to feed my spam mailbox to spamassassin!
ChangeLog: A bug that could crash the application when OK or Apply is clicked in the preferences dialog under UTF-8 locales was fixed. A lot of small features and enhancements were made as well as some code cleanups. GtkSourceView is now used instead of gtksourceviewmm.
OK. Here we go:
To select a devkit when you are setting up a scratchbox target via sb-menu, the target MUST NOT BE in the list for it to be selected (Pressing Enter should remove it from the list for it to be active!!!).
And I had to spend days wondering why is the cpu-transparency list empty even though the cputransp devkit is there in the devkits selection menu!
/me is really pissed off.
* A month since I've been here in Finland and started working for Nokia
* I've got my creditcard PIN code in the morning (From the nordea bank suckers). At last they accepted my application but they decided to send the card to the wrong branch. 7 minutes on the phone to convince them to send it to another branch. It takes them also 2-3 days to send it to another branch!
* My debian.org account has been created and NOW I'm at last an official Debian Developer (Technically, this happened on the 14th. An hour ago ;-))