Free Libre Open Source Software
I have 2 laptops. My personal one at home and my work one at the office. Both are running testing. A month or two ago, I did a dist-upgrade on the home one. Later on I rebooted (DUH!) it for a reason I can't remember just to end up with very tiny fonts under GNOME. It took me some time to tweak them back again and play with the GNOME anti-aliasing dialog. Now if you know me well, you know that the last thing someone should do to me is to touch my font settings. I have a very sensitive eye (Because I have a very low vision) and I hardly tweak the fonts. All went somehow fine after that.
I was trying to package hunspell-ar for Chinook so I ended up packaging:
* hunspell (libhunspell and its development headers)
* enchant (hunspell and ispell providers but I'll disable ispell soon)
* dictionaries-common and dictionaries-common-dev (hunspell-ar depends on them)
As for dictionaries-common and dictionaries-common-dev, they are different than the Debian ones. Yes I'm using the same source but I'm only providing the bits related to myspell. I didn't include the policy too.
I noticed this because of my work on him-arabic.
If your plugin provides a language other than the 16 "known" languages, It will be displayed as " ()".
Ideally, The fix should be somewhere else but not all of the components are open so even if I can fix it, I won't be able to publish patches or packages.
It seems that the source provided with the SDK is a bit outdated so I had to grab the latest trunk: https://stage.maemo.org/svn/maemo/projects/haf/trunk/hildon-input-metho…
This is my Arabic related TODO list for maemo. It's my personal one not the Nokia employee one :-)
* katoob should be fully functional (I'm learning here). Actually I did more work today and I guess it's fine.
* Package and publish some Arabic fonts (I know there's one provided by the browser team).
* See what can be done regarding input (Low priority. Sorry to say that I don't like the HIM plugin interface).
* Check arabeyes.org apps. Is there anything useful and needs "porting" ?
* glibc/x11 Arabic locale ?
* Any suggestions ?
* Yes, they can upload crappy packages but we can ask to revoke an account.
* Yes, they can upload crappy packages but someone must sponsor the 1st upload.
* Yes, they can upload crap but a DD is advocating them. If they are smart enough to fool a DD to get an DM account then they are smart enough to fool him for the DD process.
* Yes, they can seek sponsors but finding sonsors is not that easy (At least for me).
Perhaps there's a way to identify the DM uploads so we can do more checks "not part of the process" ?
Just because I can't run sa-learn on my 15,000+ messages spam folder. It'll crash due to some hardware problems.
I thought that splitting the mailbox into smaller files will allow me to feed it to sa-learn.
I'm not sure something similar doesn't exist but I wrote mine anyway ;-)
The only problem is it consumes a lot of CPU and RAM, it was killed/crashed multiple times but it worked and allowed me to feed my spam mailbox to spamassassin!